Sunday 17 May 2015

Illuminate your summer!


Hello my lovelies. I know what you're thinking. Is it actually summer yet? Where's the sun!? Well if you aren't in England, you might be sunning yourself right this second. But for us ye olde english, we are lucky if it doesn't rain! But it'll be here soon... I have a feeling :) The great thing about the summer is, I'm sure you'll all be on your jollies soon, I am going to Marbella and cannot wait. Sun a-shining, cocktails-a-pouring... It's going to be bliss.

I don't know about you but once I have a sunkissed tan I just feel soooo much better. Your skin feels better, your clothes look better... And you don't need to pile on the foundation when you have a tan. It's an instant beauty hack. I think we all look our best with a little colour. I have been searching through the shops for the best beauty products that might enhance my complexion whilst on holiday. And here we have it. Here are my top 3 favourite highlighters for the month of May. (I may find new ones!)


So Susan Water-based Pure Luminizer

Well well well. I found this little beauty thanks to Glossybox UK. AND I LOVE IT. I have attempted to do my first 'swatches' below to give you an idea of the colour. It is a beautiful, glossy, pinky, sparkly cream that looks absolutely gorgeous. It is water-based, so it is as light as water and trust me, it feels like that. I apply it just above my cheek bones, a little on the bridge of my nose and the two sides of my forehead. And I am not joking when I say I feel a million dollars with this product. The liquid illuminator is infused with micronized pearlescent pigments to create the perfect wash of light on your face. You simply use your ring finger to dab and blend out wherever you want a bit of shine. And the best part about this product is it doesn't make you look greasy or like you need to jump in an ice bath. #sweatybetty. It's elegant, it's subtle and it really gives you a soft-glow effect. I had never heard of So Susan cosmetics, but thanks to Glossybox UK I will be researching into their other products. Right after I have finished this blog. :)

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome

I was shopping yesterday, looking at cosmetics for hours as we all do, and I found this little dome of happiness. I think it's quite new, I think the big NEW PRODUCT signs gave it away ;) but oh em gee. It's perfect. Sorry but I don't think my swatches do it justice. But seriously, it's so easy to use. You just rub the product exactly where you want it to go, and it stays. It's creamy, but then it dries as a shimmer. It's so small and cute, so you can carry it around in your purse. And it's gorgeous. I would use this shade to highlight my cheeks. It comes in two other shades as well, a pink and a bronze. I would use the pink as blusher, and the bronze to contour. The colour I have, called '01 Golden', is just perfect for highlighting. So really, you can do your whole face if you bought all 3 colours. You could even use this as a eye-shadow. At £8.00 a dome, I think it is very affordable. And it will last you ages. The dome is your new best friend.

Benefit Sun Beam

Well. It's in the name. This is my all time favourite product for highlighting. It gives you a natural, sun-kissed look even if you don't have a tan. I wear this with the Benefit bronzer, 'Hoola' - I apply the bronzer under my cheek bones (suck your lips in like a fish and apply where the line is - I'm so technical!), on my forehead, sides of my nose and a little on the chin. Then use the Sun Beam on top of the cheek bones and underneath the eyebrows for sexy, sun-kissed look. It brings definition to your face, and the bronzy, sparkly liquid is so easy to use. I actually apply this with a foundation brush, because you can blend it in really well with your foundation for that 'I woke up like this' Beyonce finish. And you know what, I have had this product AGES. It looks small, but it will keep you looking radiant for a good few months.


Please don't put that much on. I did it for the purpose of the photo. LOL. That's all for now. Thanks for reading my blog. XOXO 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink